Who is eligible for the Covid-19 vaccine
We are currently providing the Pfizer vaccines at our surgery and have clinics every week. Patients who are currently eligible are:
People with certain other health conditions are at high risk and can get the COVID-19 vaccine (as well as people who are clinically extremely vulnerable).
These conditions include:
- long-term lung conditions (such as severe asthma, COPD, bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis)
- long-term conditions affecting the heart or blood vessels (such as congenital heart disease, heart failure and peripheral arterial disease)
- chronic kidney disease
- long-term liver conditions (such as cirrhosis and hepatitis)
- conditions affecting the brain or nerves (such as dementia, Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, cerebral palsy or stroke)
- learning disabilities
- a condition or treatment that makes you more likely to get infections (such as HIV or some treatments for lupus, psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis)
- severe mental conditions (such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder)
- severe obesity (a BMI of 40 or above)
Please contact the surgery if you believe you are eligible.
In line with government guidance, we now aim to contact everyone for the 2nd dose before 10 weeks. If you had your first dose over 8 weeks ago, don’t hesitate to contact the surgery to book your 2nd Covid-19 vaccination appointment.
Text message invites for Covid-19 vaccination
In order to be able to offer a more flexible booking process for the Covid-19 vaccination program, we are now sending an SMS text message to patients who have a mobile phone listed on their records. The text will come from “Limelight Health and Well-being Hub” and will invite you by name.
How to book a Covid-19 vaccination
If you wish to book a Covid-19 vaccination appointment you can do so using the below methods:
All patients eligible for the Covid-19 vaccine and who have provided us with their mobile number will be sent an SMS text message inviting them to book their Covid-19 vaccination appointment via an online system.
The system we are using to invite you to book your Covid-19 vaccination appointment is called “AccuBook”, which is run by “AccuRx”. This system is owned by the same company we use to send text messages to our patients.
AccuBook is an NHS Digital assured appointment management solution; You can find more information on this service below.
You can book your Covid-19 vaccination through our online messaging service called AskmyGP, this is the quickest and easiest way to get in touch with us and you will get a response usually on the same day.
- Click the green AskmyGP button at the top of this webpage.
- Click ‘Sign up or login to Consult your GP’
- Click ‘Sign up as a new user’ OR ‘Login existing user’
- Once you are fully registered you can write your request to book
- Let us know if you have any preference for the date, time or vaccine type.
- You will receave a response usually on the same day.
If you have not received your text message invite and are unable to use AskmyGP then please phone us on 0161 226 7777 and book your Covid-19 vaccination appointment with someone on our reception team.
If you would prefer to book your appointment in person then please come down to the practice and ask to speak with reception.
Our address is: Limelight, 1 St. Brides Way, MANCHESTER M16 9NW
Our opening times are:
Monday: 07:30 – 19:30
Tuesday: 08:00 – 18:30
Wednesday: 08:00 – 18:30
Thursday: 07:30 – 19:30
Friday: 08:00 – 18:30
The Covid-19 vaccination clinics at Limelight
We have the following vaccination clinics running in June, please review and let us know if you have a preferred date, time or vaccine when booking.