If you or your child are overweight
Weight gain occurs when you regularly eat and drink more calories than you burn through normal bodily functions and physical activity. Read about the hidden causes of weight gain.
Find out more about calories and your weight.
Take action now and start losing weight.
- start the NHS weight loss plan
- sign up for weight loss email support
- start running with Couch to 5K
- try our 12-week fitness plan
- get fit with Strength and Flex
- try our tips to help you lose weight
- learn how to achieve a healthy, balanced diet
- read about walking for health
If you or your child are underweight
Being underweight isn’t good for your health either. If you’re concerned about yourself or someone else, read our pages on: